Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The 1810 Tavern

 
Situated on the corner of Bridge Street in Bridgewater, PA is the historical looking brick building, The 1810 Tavern. On a Friday evening, my friend and I had reservations for dinner there. The outside of the Tavern looked like an old renovated historical building.

 

Inside it was just as inviting as well as homey. Some of the walls were exposed brick; the others were painted a warm color, wear-worn wood floors and an ornate old fashioned metal ceiling. The artwork on the walls was eclectic and we found out that they could be purchased by asking at the bar.

 

Outdoor dining was available but since it was a hot day, we opted to eat inside. We sat in the corner surrounded by walls. From my vantage point, I could see directly in the kitchen. It was spotless as the chefs moved around preparing their food orders.

 

Both my friend and I ordered our own tapas of fried green tomatoes. When the plate arrived, it was such a beautiful artistic creation, that I had to take a few photos of it. The food was on a square plate and in the center was Romaine lettuce standing up with a food decoration on top. There were three fried green tomatoes, accompanied by chopped up red tomatoes and onions, some whole green tomatoes, and a small dressing. Not only was the plate of food artistically pleasing to the eye, it was positively delicious.
 

 

I told the owner as he asked how everything was…I complimented him on his chefs and said the food was good and whoever the chefs were – they were artists. He commented that anyone that he hired was allowed to do their own thing. He was a smart owner as far as I was concerned.

 

And believe me the chef continued his magic with our entrees. We both ordered a filet and it came out exactly perfect; just the way we ordered it. The filet was arranged on a plate with a crispy potato pancake and fresh asparagus along with a tinted pink dollop of goat’s cheese.

 

It’s obvious The 1810 Tavern offers a different type of food to its patrons then the usual fried bar and tavern food. The Tavern menu changes on Wednesday.  They offer local, seasonal and fresh foods to their patrons.  Unfortunately desserts are not part of their menu.

 

If you are ever in the area, make a reservation at The 1810 Tavern. Believe me, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment