Sunday, September 29, 2013

Van Gogh on a Barn


 

 Driving along Dutch Ridge Road in Beaver, if one is alert, one can catch an eyeful of a Van Gogh painting on the side of a red barn.

 

My friend drove me to this barn and we parked across the road. My mouth fell open…there was no doubt that the rich golden yellow painting was a full blown replica painted on the side of the barn. I never imagined seeing something like this out in the country. The painting was a replica of Vincent Van Gogh’s Noon Rest, where the famers are resting in the wheat fields.




 

I made my friend turn around and go into the gravel driveway. Luckily the barn is on the property of Felicity Farms Bed and Breakfast. We got out of the car, and I walked over to the side of the barn and happily snapped a few pictures of the painting. It was worth pulling onto the grounds. The weather was beautiful and so was this magnificent reproduction. Van Gogh would have been surprised and proud. He has always been my favorite artist, and I felt a pleasure swelling up inside of me. This was a perfect picture to go along with this perfect pastoral scene.



 

I snapped away, taking pictures of the huge red barn, the vegetable, flower, and herb garden, the small red shed and the horses placidly grazing in the fenced in pastor. All in all, this was a pleasant ending after eating dinner at The 1810 Tavern.

 
 
 

This was my dessert – all thanks to my friend Suni –Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment