Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Contact Miscues



I started to wear glasses in high school so that I could see the chalkboard from a distance, and of course, see faces more clearly. I hated glasses, despite that they helped me to see better.

Years later, after I had a few kids, I got tired of the babies grabbing my glasses off of my face and twisting them out of shape. After a few times, I decided that I had enough and wanted to try contacts. I wanted to wear then so badly that when I first started, I wore them all day long, instead of the few hours prescribed.

To me, contacts were way better and cooler than glasses. Looking back at some old photos and seeing all those goofy styles, small and then oversized frames, my decision was the right one for me. Besides that, my kids could no longer pull my glasses off, throw them on the floor or just pull them apart.

I figured, what could happen to my contacts with nine kids? Well, I was wrong…lots of things can go wrong with contacts.
·         Along the years that I have worn contacts, my 2-year-old son actually opened the contact cases and drank the liquid, as well as the contacts. When my spouse suggested I strain the diaper for the lenses, I called up and ordered a new pair.

·         Then there were a few times that a lens would fall on the floor and dry out, or get stepped on.

·         I have actually slept with them on, only to wake up not realizing it and trying to put another pair in my eyes.

·         One time, I ended up in my Eye Doctor’s office and found out that I had put the lenses in the wrong eyes.

·         Right now, I’m waiting for a new pair of contact lenses. I ordered a year supply from 1-800-Contacts because of the cost. The first six months supply was fine. The second box was wrong and I had to go to the eye doctor to find this out. At first I thought I was going blind and the doctor thought my eye sight had deteriorated until he figured out that I had the wrong prescription because of some sort of mix up.

Now I am waiting for the right prescription. I ordered them through my eye doctor. Quite frankly, I don’t care how much it costs. I know the contact lenses will be correct and I will be able to see again. No offense to eye glass wearers, but I can’t wait to put my glasses away and wear my new contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment