Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Tuesday Mornings at Matt's House



Every Tuesday I go to my oldest son’s house to make sure that his kids get up for school because he and his wife are working. I feed my grandkids breakfast and walk them across the street to the bus stop. Sometimes I have to be there early and other times; I need to be there by 6:45. When I unlock the door, I am greeted by two Labs…Coco and Harper. I squeeze by them and go into the kitchen where I sit and listen to the silence before the ‘storm.’

After about 14 minutes of writing or reading, I make sure that Michael, Bella, Anna, Chloe, and Ava are up and dressed. They make their way down to the kitchen. The silence is broken with a round of Hi’s and what do you want for breakfast. Breakfast ranges from cold cereal to cinnamon buttered toast. One of the kids usually doesn’t want to eat and finds a snack bar and that is breakfast.

Sometimes, I might bring over an afternoon snack like cookies and a tootsie roll suckers that they can have after school. I must admit that I annoy them just like I used to annoy my own kids by singing or asking questions, making jokes, or just talking.

When it is 7:50…I make them get on  their coats, backpacks and lunch and we leave the house. Usually my grandson complains because it is too early because the bus comes at 7:55.
No matter how early we are at the bus stop or how annoying I have been…when the bus comes, everyone hugs me and they tell me they love me. So does my grandson!

No comments:

Post a Comment