Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I Finally Get it!



A few lessons that I finally comprehend: Always charge my cellphone and carry it with me at all times. Everyone tells me to do this but I dislike cell phones, I usually can’t find mine, it is never charged, and don’t ask me for my cell number because I don’t know it.

These lessons were learned the other night when I was babysitting for two of my grandsons. After sitting in my son’s house, I was waiting form my grandsons to wake up from their naps. Afterwards, I was going to order pizza to be delivered for supper. Everything went as planned until I needed to use the phone and call in the order.

Me – “Hey, where is the telephone. Do your parents have a telephone here?”
My 4-years-old grandson – “It’s upstairs in Mommy and Daddy’s bedroom.”

I ran upstairs and looked around my son’s bedroom and there was no phone.

Me – “There isn’t any phone upstairs.”
My 4-years- old grandson – “My Mommy has one. My Daddy has one. It’s with them.”

I realized that they have cell phones with them and no land line in the house. I have no cell phone with me and I left my iPad at home too. How was I going to be able to order a pizza?

I packed up the boys and took them to my house, where I ran inside and found my cell phone and took it and the iPad with me back to their house.

The problem was solved. The pizza was ordered. Dinner was tasty and I learned that not everyone has land lines; I need to charge my cell phone, carry it with me, and learn my cell number. Now I just have to remember to all the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment