Thursday, June 28, 2018

A Birthday Celebration...


Last week, we celebrated my granddaughter, Juliette’s, 6th birthday. It’s amazing how kids really get so excited when it’s there birthday. Let’s just say when you get older you aren’t as excited. But kids are and it was contagious!

The day started off with breakfast at one of the local restaurants. I brought along my two grandsons, Will and Nolan and we met my daughter- in-law and her four children, Juliette, Shelby, Mina and Bayleigh Then my daughter-in-law’s mother arrived and we went in and we were seated in the restaurant.

We sat awhile at breakfast. The kids were good. The waitress was lovely but the food took forever to get to the table. The kids spent a while coloring and then they got antsy but thankfully the food arrived and we ate with relish.

After breakfast, we went to an early show and saw The Incredibles 2. This was the first time that I had ever taken Will, 4 and Nolan, 2 to a movie. It was there first time period. It was also the first time for Mina, 2 and Shelby, 4.

I held my breath and surprisingly, the grandchildren were mesmerized by the Incredibles 2 (so were the adults). No one had to go to the bathroom. (And who says that miracles don’t happen)?!

We completed the day at Chuck E Cheese. Everyone had a blast. Wow it was a long day but it was totally fun! It was a day to just relax and be a kid!

Thanks, Pam, for including me in the birthday treat for Juliette. Happy 6th Birthday, J!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment