Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sprinkle Sugar Cookies




Sprinkle Sugar cookies are easy to make. Use a basic sugar cookie recipe and add an assortment of sprinkles at the end and mix the sprinkles into the dough. The cookies are easy to make and rather fun to watch when the sprinkles mix throughout the dough.

After making these delicious cookies, I decided to try different colored sprinkles. A short distance from the catering kitchen is a well-stocked candy and baking supply store called Make-A-Cake. I have become reacquainted with the owners and make a run there about once a month to buy a different assortment of bagged sprinkles.


I like to change the color of the sprinkles to whatever holiday is coming or with the change of the seasons and months. For November I use an autumn mix,’ Christmas, red and green; January, blue and white; March, green; Memorial Day, 4th of July and Memorial Day, red, white, and blue; and for Easter, festive colored sprinkles. In October and February, I use pink for breast month. During the Steelers football season, I used black and gold sprinkles and they were a winner with customers and fans.

One customer, who comes into the Deli, regularly, looks forward to seeing what sprinkles I will use for the cookies. He seemed to get a big kick out of it. And so do I.

The Sugar Sprinkle Cookies are a big seller, for me, the baker, I like to try something different and there are all sorts of possibilities. Whatever they are, the Sprinkle Sugar Cookies seem to be it. Besides that they look festive, they are really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment