Friday, June 22, 2018

Blueberry Patriotic Cupcakes




I found a delicious looking cupcake/muffin. Since blueberries are everywhere – I decided to pick up a few containers of fresh blueberries and try my hand with the blueberry cupcakes. If they were a winner – they would be sold at Erin’s Deli, the last few of days of May, and even around the 4th of July.

Following the recipe was easy.  I doubled the recipe to make 24 cupcakes. I lined the cupcake holders with paper cupcakes that were red/white/blue and had stars on them. I filled the cupcake holder ¾ of the way. When I finished, I placed the cupcakes in the oven and baked them at 325, until they were golden and done.

The cupcakes – looked great. After one cooled – I broke off a piece and sampled it. Mhm…I could have eaten the whole cupcake, without frosting. But I didn’t.

I placed the cream cheese that I had out and the butter and mixed them together until both were creamed. Then I added the powdered sugar, vanilla, and a few tablespoons of heavy cream. I beat the mixture for about two minutes.

Then I placed some frosting on the rest of the cupcake and sampled it. It was perfect. I promptly ate the entire cupcake.

Later, my daughter, the Chef, piped the frosting on the cupcakes, and I added the blueberries and the American flag.

Ta Dum…the cupcakes were done and looked quite patriotic. And having sampled both, I knew how good those cupcakes were going to be a winner down at the Deli!

No comments:

Post a Comment