Wednesday, June 20, 2018

M & M Cookies




Because I have been baking a lot lately, I seem to have a large amounts of baked goods stored in the freezer for the Deli. Being ahead of the game, allows me to try out new recipes or add a new spin on some of the other regular baking goods.

I had my pretzels and picked up a few bags of red/white/blue M & Ms. I decoded that I was going to bake these cookies for the beginning of July, especially for the 4th. I made the cookies before using the regular colored M & Ms, coconut, and crushed pretzels. But this time, I decided to make the red/white/blue M & Ms, add the crushed pretzels, and eliminate the coconut.





I used a split of shortening and butter, creamed both and added sugar and mixed it thoroughly. Then I added eggs, vanilla, and eventually the dry ingredients. When everything was mixed well, I put in the crushed pretzels and the M &Ms.

With an ice cream scooper, I scooped the cookie dough, weighed it, and then placed the cookie ball on a cookie sheet with sprayed parchment. When I was finished, I placed the cookie sheet in the Walk In for about 20 minutes. After, I placed 12 cookie balls on cookie sheets, on sprayed parchment paper, I placed them in the oven to bake. (Normally, I would bake them for 12 minutes at 325) but since I was using the commercial oven, I set the temperature to 300, and rotated the sheets, every 5 minutes. The cookies should take about 12 minutes or look golden before removing them from the oven.



The M & Ms made the cookies look festive and patriotic. These cookies will be sold  at Erin’s Deli in July. Be warned…if you see them, buy one because they won’t be around for long. They are delicious…I know because I sampled one!



No comments:

Post a Comment