Sunday, April 27, 2014

Greenhose Journal: Day 11




I waited most of the week for a phone call to come in and tell me that the new shipment of plugs were in to plant. There was no plant shipment this week, but I was asked to come in on Friday and help out.

After taking a few Greenhouse photos, I went into greenhouse 5 and trimmed a number of the Verbena plants. I had planted these a few weeks ago and they were looking good. But I was asked to trim them down. Trimming will make the plants fuller so I trimmed a number of Verbenas. Then I went around and spaced some of the other plants. I would alternate the plants in the trays and this would help them to grow fuller as well.

My next job was in Greenhouse 4, where I planted up a tray of 50 plants. I put four of the baby plugs into a hanging basket. When I was finished I hung the hangers on each, and watered in the plants.

My final job was to repot a number of plants into larger pots. Some plants needed to be staked-up, so I had to cut a larger size trellis to fit into the pots and tied those down to the other small trellis. These were vining plants.

All in all, it was just busy work at the Greenhouse; tidying up, trimming, re-potting, and spacing, which are all part of working with plants in the Greenhouse.


Next week, I’ll be back to work on Thursday and Friday because a big shipment of plants will be waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment