Monday, July 3, 2017

The Cookie Jar





What’s with all these coincidences and connections to my childhood? While sitting in the eating room at our vacation rental, my eyes fell to the cookie jar that was on the small wrought iron stand by the window. “Oh my God, I exclaimed out loud”! That's the exact same cookie jar that we had in our house while I was growing up!

 




The cookie jar was a white ceramic one with big cookies, that were raised around the jar, and a big walnut on the top as the handle to pull the lid off. The cookies that surrounded the jar were similar to the cookies that my Dad liked, bought, and ate with his coffee. The cookie jar brought back some good warm memories of my childhood and of my Dad drinking coffee and dunking his cookies into his cup.

After I married, for year, I had a cookie jar – a bear one. Eventually, I got rid of that cookie jar. But no matter what…cookies and cookie jars evoke a warm memory of my Dad, my childhood, and cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment