Thursday, July 6, 2017

Train to Boston





On one of our vacation days, we took the train from Rockport, Massachusetts, to Boston, Massachusetts. We drove to the train station in Rockport. We couldn’t find any place to park and parked at the little strip mall next to the station, hoping we wouldn’t get a ticket. We hurried to the station and ran the last few yards, while the conductor was waving at us and yelling, “Hurry Up!”

We were a bit out of breath, found a seat, and settled down for our 2 hour trip. I hadn’t been on a real train since I was a youngster and traveled alone from Cleveland, Ohio, to Utica, New York, alone to visit my relatives. Our round trip ticket cost about $23.04. The train went from Rockport through Gloucester, Beverly Farms, Prides Crossing, Montserrat, Beverly, Salem, Swampscott, Lynn, River Works, Chelsea and on to our final stop, North Station.

After we got off the train we traveled on the subway to Boston, our destination. While in Boston, we visited the Isabella Gardner Stewart Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts. Both were an adventure, which I will talk about in another blog.




 



I did enjoy the museums and walking to find them. There were some interesting drawings on the buildings. But I definitely got my ‘high’ from the train ride…both ways. It was fun, relaxing and comfortable. The scenery, next to the water was totally awesome.

My next adventure on my “To Do List,” includes a train ride out west!

No comments:

Post a Comment